I've tried to write this post a few times. This is a copy of a letter I wrote to some friends and family. I hope it suffices.
Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
I wish I could be here personally to give this update, but please know that my heart is with you all.
The past year has been disappointing, frustrating, hurtful, and stressful. You could probably add any other negative adjective here, and it would fit.
I don’t think I have ever experienced the underhandedness of satan before. (Information removed).
However, through it all this has been the most amazing year I have ever experienced!! To see our Lord at work in the midst of all the trials and tribulations, and to see His mighty hand controlling every last detail has not only blessed me immensely, but has taught (or reaffirmed to) me some very valuable lessons:
#1 Relax. God is in control!
Once I finally came to this realization, a huge weight was lifted. I know that I constantly hear, “Trust God. Rely on God.” We hear all this Christian-ese in the church, but what does it mean to truly surrender everything to Him and let go? Psalm 94:18-19 says, “When I said, ‘My foot is slipping,’ your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” I believe that one of the marks trusting in the Lord is allowing the Lord to sustain your soul in joy though everything around you is crumbling apart. Am I allowing the Lord to love me and comfort me through these trials thereby bringing uncontainable joy? Or am I looking for comfort from some other area?
#2 satan seeks to destroy!
This one seems so elementary. When the adversary comes against the work of the Lord, and things seem not to go “right,” it’s so easy to become disheartened. We, well, I, am quick to become discouraged. However, if we come to terms with the fact that there will be persecution for the Gospel, then it will be so much easier to be encouraged when trials come! Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. (1 Peter 5:8-9). I know that I am learning not even to give him an opportunity to inch his way in. I must stay in the Word of God. I must, daily, put on the armor of God in order to withstand all that comes against the ministry.
#3 Be humble and submit yourself to God.
Be humble. Be humble. Be humble. WOW! It’s hard! But when we are full of pride, we are easy targets for the devil. I pray that our Lord would humble me more and more. We also must stay submitted to God and constantly draw closer to Him. The nearer we are to Him the harder it is for the adversary to attack. Repentance and purification of our hearts are keys. (James 4:6-8)
I’ve learned so much more than this, but I just wanted to share a bit with you. I think I have a small understanding of what it was like for Paul when he wrote to brothers and sisters in various cities.
(Information removed).
I pray that God will bless you over the summer months, and I look forward to seeing you all again!
No comments:
Post a Comment