After arriving, a server lectured me about putting my bag on the floor. It was as if it was the most shameful act I could commit. People would see it! (Oh, no!! People might think something bad about me...) My bag is usually on the floor and therefore, is dirty. It belongs on the floor, not an upholstered chair. The chair will get dirty. In the end, the server one. I lost. My students said it was rude for me to put my bag on the floor under the table. I still don't get it...
We had a good meal. Our server thought it odd that I did not want extra salt or MSG in my order. Sometimes I hate explaining that I can't have it. People give me odd looks.
Good food, good conversation, a good time spent on my day off.
Oh, I forgot the most important and the most touching part...
There were 4 of us girls and 2 guys. The two guys paid for us girls. They said it is the man's job to pay for the women. I was shocked to hear those words come out of my students' mouths!! I gave the girls a little mini-lecture about life, saying later in life, that's what you look for, someone who steps up and fronts the bill (not all the time, but it speaks a lot of his character). And all the girls at the table said, "awww, you're so sweet!!"
Kudos to these young gentlemen.
No comments:
Post a Comment