Last year, I learned what it meant to call upon the name of the Lord and to completely trust Him. This year, it seems as if I'm learning about godly repentance and forgiveness (not just forgiveness for myself, but toward others).
It has been a taxing three weeks for me. The Lord is taking me through repentance for things from years ago. A very deep sadness has overcome me over the past few weeks and I find that few people understand. For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death. 2 Corinthians 7:10 God is showing me what grace truly is in all of it. I am left in awe when I see the beauty of the Gospel. Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 7:9, I now rejoice, not that you were made sorrowful, but that you were made sorrowful to {the point of} repentance; for you were made sorrowful according to the will of God, so that you might not suffer loss in anything through us. I, too, now rejoice in the fact that He has lead me to repentance. I am so grateful that He is full of faithfulness, forgiveness, mercy, and love.
If you're interested in following our school newspaper, you can find it here: www.iassuriname.org and click on "News and Events." There will be a link where you can download the newspaper. Sorry, I can never get my mac to open the school webpage! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment