Thursday, September 3, 2009

Monkey Around...

Things have been going well here. I have never experienced such a "slow" life. I go to school, maybe stay after school to do some work, exercise, eat dinner, have time to read and study the Word, Dutch, and Sranan Tongo and then go to sleep around 9:30 or 10pm! I don't have internet at home...

Speaking of internet. Our school internet seems like a hit or miss. On Tuesday night, the power/internet was knocked out until the next day due to a monkey who jumped from a tree unto the power line outside of our school. The monkey was electrocuted, but he survived with the aid of our plant manager. Unfortunately, our power was out and we had to have "Meet the Teacher" Night in the dark!!!

I really like my students this year. It's still strange to have mixed gender classes again, not to mention 10 students total in the class!!! My students already gave their first presentations to 4th graders, the director, and some other teachers. They were really nervous, but I thought it would be good to get that out of the way the second week of school.

I really like teaching Bible class more than English or Social Studies. It's such a blessing to speak truth to my students so openly! They have so many questions and I enjoy going to the Scriptures for the answers.

More to come soon...

By the way, would anyone like to send me some study books? I'm almost done with the ones I brought over with me? If you would like to send one or all of the following, would you please leave me a message (with contact info)? I really like these study guides and can't get them here.

http://www.amazon.com/Peter-MacArthur-Bible-Studies/dp/141850890X/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251993563&sr=8-46

http://www.amazon.com/Hebrews-MacArthur-Bible-Studies-John/dp/1418508888/ref=sr_1_42?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251993656&sr=8-42

http://www.amazon.com/James-MacArthur-Bible-Studies-John/dp/1418508896/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251993656&sr=8-37

http://www.amazon.com/Mark-MacArthur-Bible-Studies-John/dp/1418508721/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251993656&sr=8-38

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment