Saturday, December 5, 2009

Kitties. Singing. Dutch.

My kitties safely arrived two weeks ago. Levi almost died! The trip was too much for him. He didn't eat, drink, or go to the bathroom for 12 days! I took him to a vet who said he had a blockage in his intestines. Nothing helped him. Finally I took him to another (amazing) vet, who worked her "magic." Levi is doing much better. No blockage, just stress. Judah has been doing fine since the first moment he arrived.

I'm still singing in what seems to be every week at the church. I've been so blessed to be able to work with such a great team! (Karen and Jana...and my new friend, Cliff). Last week, we did "Sing to the King."

I continue to rehearse for the church Christmas musical. I finally memorized all my lines in Dutch!! It's going to be really funny for me. I'm the only non-native helping out, but yet, it doesn't feel like that at all. I even understand the directions given during practice.

School has been going well. I'm so impressed with the progress my 7th graders have made in terms of their behaviors and attitudes. It's been hard, but so worth it! Please pray for me as I am having a very difficult time with one student in particular and his mother. The mother refuses to look at her own son's behavior and she blames everyone else for it (me in particular). She actually came to school at 10:30 pm last night to confront me again and blame me. I had to walk away and told her I wouldn't discuss it at 10:30 pm on Friday night. (She had called me at 8 pm to say the same thing)! On top of that, we had a meeting at 7:30 am that morning!

Other than that things are going really well. Very busy. Took a field trip with my kids to a plantation. They were excited because they got to swim in the pool! I also continue preparations for the orphanage outreach. We are going back on Dec 14.

Please pray that Christ would be glorified in all of it and that the orphans would see the love of God through my kids.

Our internet is slow, again...so this is all I could get up this time. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment