Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sleepless Nights

It's 5 am on Monday morning...I'm at school...sitting in the dark on the floor with my pink pillows and fleece blanket. The whole ant thing has kept me up all night. Given me some time to think and pray. I wish I could communicate with you how honored I feel to serve my Lord Jesus Christ in Suriname, but I feel that my vocabulary in any language is inadequate. My words would never convey what my heart feels. Sometimes, I try to pour my heart out to the Lord and it just doesn't come out right. I am thankful for times where I can just sit before him silently and know that He is God.

Over the past year, the Lord has taught me what it means to "be still and to know that He is God." What an amazing thing it is, to be still.

When we're still before Him, our storms will have to cease because He brings peace.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him." Psalm 28:7

Oh, and just in case you wanted to know...January 3rd is my kitten's (Levi's) birthday...I thank God for giving me something to cuddle with! :) What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment