Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The First Day of the 2010-2011 School Year

...went so well!!

I only feel a tad bit overwhelmed. Teaching here is so different from the States. In the States I would have only one grade level (ex. 8th grade) and teach 5 or 6 sections of the same class, two classes maximum. Here, I have 3 grade levels for social studies, 2 for English, and one high school music class. I'm really hoping this will make me a better teacher in terms of organization and preparation. I do well in those areas, but I think this will keep me on my toes even more!

I'm still the 7th grade homeroom teacher. My students are soooo tiny this year!!! They're just so cute! I have never had such small 7th graders before. I'm really looking forward to this year.

My 8th graders have really grown up!! Although it's only been two days, I can see that they have not lost some of the things I taught them last year. I'm so proud of them!!

The 9th graders (last year's 8th grade) make me laugh so much!!! They keep comparing their new English teacher to me. The English teacher told me today that I should be made a saint (well, I'm already one, you know...right, saints?) She told me how they keep saying I said to do this and not that in their writing!!


And, I start running club again...well, I'll be walking.

Now, if I could just get up at 5 am without feeling like I want to hide from the world, life would be grand!


Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment